After great contemplation, I decided to try PowToon as my presentation tool for my final summary. I also used audacity to complete the voice recording for PowToon. While PowToon has its own voice recording available, audacity provides a much clearer sound and better quality. I will show this presentation tool to my students this week as I think they will love it.
Here’s a brief overview of what I perceived as the pros/cons for PowToon:
- can create an account for free
- many ready made templates to choose from or you can start from scratch
- can import or create your own voice recordings and/or music within it
- can import your own photos or use what they provide
- easy to use to navigate each screen and time your recording to the movement of the images
- can make movies or have slideshow view depending on purpose
- videos can only be 5:00 long in the free version
- limited music selection and noticeable jumps when the music loops
- free version has limited images; must upgrade to use all images
- higher quality upload requires paid version
- it can take a very long time if you take a long time making decisions 😉
Anyway, here’s my summary! Thanks for the journey EC&I 833!